· Position: Career Advisor
· Years at PHS: This is my first year at Palatine High School
· Alma Mater: University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign B.S. Business Administration-Marketing
As the Career Advisor, I am available to PHS students Tuesday through Thursday to help them explore career interests and opportunities. The Career Advisory Program provides the following opportunities to students:
· Career Treks- Approximately 25-30 field trips highlighting specific career areas are scheduled each year. These treks are scheduled during the school day, and bus transportation is provided to and from the trek.
· Career Presentations/Speakers - Professionals come to Palatine High School to offer valuable, firsthand information regarding career opportunities and experiences.
· Independent Opportunities- Learn about opportunities such as career workshops, seminars and internships that you can explore on your own time.
· Assistance with Career Research- Stop in, or schedule an appointment with Mrs. Byrne in the Peer Mediation Room for one-on-one career exploration advice.
Look for upcoming career information on this site or the bulletin board outside the cafeteria entrance.